The stingrayeyewear.com.au website (“Website”) is owned and operated by Pacific Optics Pty Ltd (ABN 96 064 312 107) (referred to as “we”, “our” or “us”).
We are committed to respecting the privacy of your personal information and complying with the Australian Privacy Principles and the Privacy Act 1998 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”).
This Policy sets out our personal information management practices, including how we collect, use and disclose your personal information.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
The type of personal information we collect is dependent on the type of service or interaction you have with us.
Personal information we may collect includes, but is not limited to:
- your contact details, including your name, address, phone and other contact details (fax, email etc)
- your date of birth;
- your transactional order and payment details;
- other information reasonably relevant to the provision of our services, such as records of which products you are interested in and which products you purchase as well as customer traffic patterns and site use;
- information about where you shop or what your interests are, so that we can improve our service and product offering to you; and
- any other personal information you provide to us in relation to your access to the Website or our services.
When visiting the Website or accessing our services, we may also collect and store the following information:
- your IP address;
- your browser type;
- the webpage you were visiting before you came to our Website;
- details of the pages within the Website you visit; and
- the time spent on those pages, items, and information searched on our Website, access times, dates and other statistics
If you apply for a position with us, we may also collect information about your qualifications, skills, experience, character and screening checks (including health, reference, background, directorship, financial probity, identity, eligibility to work, vocational suitability and criminal record checks).
HOW AND WHY PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
We only collect personal information through lawful and fair means, including for the purposes of providing you with access to our Website and services.
It is our usual practice to collect personal information directly from you, for example when you subscribe to our emails, join a mailing list, enter a competition, submit an enquiry, or provide feedback to us. However, there are also certain situations in which we may collect personal information about you from someone else. For example we may collect information from third parties including public sources, your organisation, your representatives and information service providers.
We may collect personal information from our related companies in the Marlin Brands Group (“Related Companies”) for the purposes of data analytics across websites in the Marlin Brands Group and to enable us to better customise your experience and our service offering to you.
We may collect personal information from you in circumstances such as when you:
- are browsing or otherwise interacting with our Website;
- registering an account on our Website;
- communicating with us through written correspondence, telephone calls, chats, emails or when you share information with us through other social applications, services or sites;
- audio/video surveillance records from our premises and details of your interactions with us (including records of email, telephone and online interactions);
- interact with us, our services, content or advertising.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information to deliver, administer and improve the products and services that we offer you.
In addition, we may also use your personal information to:
- complete transactions with you or on your behalf;
- protect against fraud or theft;
- conduct market research;
- work with our service providers;
- maintain and update our records;
- manage our recruitment process;
- protect and uphold the rights, property and safety of us, our customers and others;
- facilitate acquisitions and potential acquisitions of our business and assets;
- undertake product and service development, quality control and research to improve our Website and the way Pacific Optics and our Related Companies and service providers provide products and services to you;
- communicate with you, including to provide offers and promotions that we consider may be of interest or benefit to you, being offered by either us or our Related Companies; and
- as otherwise permitted or required by law (such as to comply with obligations under the Privacy Act in relation to mandatory data breach notification).
In the event we hold personal information that is unsolicited, and we were not permitted to collect it, the personal information will be destroyed as soon as practicable. If we collect personal information about you from someone else, we will advise you, as soon as and as far as practicable, that this information has been collected and the circumstances of the collection.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to:
- our Related Companies;
- third parties that assist us in providing products and services you have requested, such as delivery service providers and fulfilment managers;
- parties that you authorise us to disclose your personal information;
- government and regulatory authorities, as required or authorised by law;
- our professional advisors; or
- other third parties permitted by law.
For example, we may provide personal information about you to our service providers who assist us in providing our goods and services. These may include companies that assist Pacific Optics with data processing and analysis, research, mail, promotional, customer contact, technology, banking, payment, debt collection or maintenance services. We will only disclose your personal information to those third party service providers on a confidential basis so that the service provider can effectively provide those services.
Third parties to whom we disclose personal information may from time to time be located overseas. You consent to any such overseas disclosure and acknowledge APP 8.1 will not apply to such disclosure.
We may utilise “cookies” when you visit our Website, which enables us to operate an efficient service and track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to the Website. A cookie does not identify you personally but does identity your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie and this will provide you with an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance. Please note that cookies allow you to take full advantage of the services we provide through the Website and so we recommend that you leave them turned on.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you need to access or correct any personal information we hold about you, please contact us using the “Contact Details” set out below. We request that you provide us with as much detail as you can about the particular information you seek to or correction of, in order to help us retrieve it.
An access fee may be charged to cover our costs of providing the requested information to you. In certain circumstances, we may refuse to provide you with access or to correct your personal information including, but not limited to where:
- giving access would pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual, or to public health or public safety;
- giving access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals;
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
- giving access would be unlawful; or
- denying access is otherwise required or authorised by law.
If that is the case, we will give you our reasons for that decision. Where we decide not to update your personal information, you can request us to attach to the personal information a statement of the update sought. In some circumstances where we correct a record, we may still require the retention of the original record.
SECURITY AND STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. This protection applies in relation to information stored in both electronic and hard copy form. We may hold personal information both at our own premises and with the assistance of our service providers.
We use a number of procedures and processes to ensure, where possible, the security and integrity of your personal information including by:
- maintaining physical access restrictions, password protections and technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access; and
We use 256 - bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology when processing your financial details. 256-bit SSL is the industry standard. To further secure your credit card, we also don’t keep details of your credit card information, including the security code (or CCV number) that you need to input in order to complete an order using your credit card.
While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee 100% the security of any information (personal or other) you transmit to us over the internet. Therefore, we do not warrant the security of any information you transmit to use over the internet and you do so at your own risk.
You may elect to opt-out of receiving direct marketing and promotional communications by contacting is by email using the contact details provided below, or by any other simple means to opt-out that we provide you. However, some of our services may include a direct marketing and promotional communications feature as part of the service which cannot be removed and, as such, you may not be able to access or use some of our Website or services if you elect to opt-out of all direct promotional and marketing communications.
THIRD PARTY SITES
Please be aware that our Website may contain links and pointers to other websites maintained by third party providers. These links are provided for your convenience only.
These third party websites are not under our control and we are not responsible for such sites (including the suitability for your intended use of those sites). We do not endorse or recommend any third party website or any associates provider organisation or third products or services. You are responsible for reading the privacy policies or statements of those third party websites.
We take your privacy concerns seriously. Where you express any concerns that we have interfered with your privacy, we will respond to let you know who will be handling your matter and when you can expect a further response. For information about privacy generally, or if your concerns are not resolved to your satisfaction, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au and on 1300 363 992.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We reserve the right to change, modify or update this Policy at any time, without liability to you, by publication on the Website. You will be bound by the changes immediately upon publication.
This Policy was last updated on 21st Sept 2021